Upper School Assistant Athletic Director
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as a grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School’s Athletic Department is currently seeking an Upper School Assistant Athletic Director to join our team of professionals. This position will be responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics with the planning, direction, implementation, supervision, and assessment of interscholastic programs at Gulliver Prep, alongside the overall administration of the Athletic Department to include compliance, day-to-day athletic operations, scheduling, and contest/event management. Candidates should understand and embrace the mission of Gulliver Prep, possess superior character and integrity, and demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with students, parents, faculty and administrators as a member of the Athletics Department.
- Ensure compliance with FHSAA policies and procedures.
- Lead game-day operations for home athletic contests.
- Possess a working knowledge of various web-based programs used for compliance and workflow including Home Campus, Veracross, Arbiter and Google Suite.
- Coordinate facility usage, including working with Risk Management staff as needed.
- Maintain athletic calendars for practices, contests, transportation, and department related logistics.
- Assist with scheduling contests and coordinating contest officials.
- Coordinate athletic team/department travel.
- Assist with monitoring student-athlete eligibility.
- Coordinate athletic department special events as assigned (i.e., Signing Days, Senior Days, Awards ceremonies).
- Oversee coaches’ certifications – CPR/1st Aid, concussion, etc.
- Assist the Director of Athletics with interviewing and selection of prospective coaches.
- Assist with athletic marketing and community relations initiatives.
- Attend athletic practices, contests, and events; including some evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel
- Provide support to Athletic Training staff as needed.
- Oversee seasonally assigned teams.
- Assists with Summer Camp administration.
- Assists with athletic awards nominations and selections.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in athletic administration
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse contingent of student-athletes, parents, staff, and other stakeholders in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detail-oriented, highly organized work processes.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Commitment to the holistic development of student-athletes in accordance with Gulliver Schools and Gulliver Athletics mission/vision.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Status: Full Time