About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as a grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK-12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking a Transportation Coordinator to join our team of professionals. The Transportation Coordinator is primarily responsible for meeting the transportation needs for all campuses at Gulliver Prep. The position coordinates the transportation scheduling, secures qualified drivers, maintains all Gulliver-owned vehicles, and ensures that all facets of the transportation department meet or exceed county and state requirements.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that vehicles have adequate fuel, oil and transmission fluid prior to scheduled departure. Maintain gas inventory for the business office.
- Ensure regular and routine servicing for vehicles according to manufactures recommendations. Maintain maintenance records for all Gulliver-owned vehicles, as necessary, including mileage reports, trips and destination notes, use of equipment records, driver records including driver name and notes, and all mechanical work performed on each vehicle.
- Conduct regular and routine bus inspections after each use or at least weekly if a bus has not been used. Maintain inspection records and annual vehicle registrations. Ensure that Gulliver-owned vehicles receive required annual inspections and emissions tests and coordinate payment with the Gulliver business office.
- Ensure that buses are kept in clean and orderly condition, interior and exterior. Seats must be kept in good repair.
- Establish preventive maintenance procedures for all Gulliver-owned vehicles. Arrange to have proper tires on vehicles including maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Ensure that Gulliver-owned vehicles have required fire extinguishers and first-aid kits.
- Maintain mileage and trip records for Gulliver's interoffice pony service driver.
- Maintain a list of all qualified drivers including coaches, employees and contracted employees and keep copies of licenses on file.
- Notify drivers of additional requirements including obtaining CPR and First Aid certification and providing proof of an annual physical.
- Maintain a list of Gulliver faculty and staff members who have been cleared to drive a Gulliver van. Copies of driver licenses and proof of proper insurance will be kept on file. Arrange for driver’s license motor vehicles checks with Gulliver Prep’s Human Resources Department.
- Coordinate with the Activities Directors on all campuses about upcoming events and field trips and secure transportation needs.
- Coordinate with the Athletic Directors on all campuses about upcoming sporting events and secure transportation needs.
- Maintain a list of qualified non-Gulliver transportation companies and drivers.
- Ensure, to the best of ability, that scheduled vehicles and drivers, both Gulliver and non-Gulliver, arrive on time for departure and return at the scheduled times.
- Ensure that all drivers receive proper instruction in emergency procedures including making emergency contacts.
- Valid CDL - Class B license with passenger and school bus endorsements.
- Knowledge of school transportation regulations including, but not limited to, national, state, and local vehicle and driver requirements and regulations.
- At least three years of prior successful experience with managing school transportation services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with Gulliver and non-Gulliver personnel, including parents and students, in order to maintain the transportation needs of the school.
- This position is a full-time exempt role, actual work hours will be determined by program needs.
- Occasionally, it is necessary for the Transportation Coordinator to work on weekends, holidays, and school vacation days in order to maintain the buses or work with coaches in driver training.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.