Sports Information & Digital Media Services
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School’s Athletic Department is currently seeking a Sports Information & Digital Media Services position to join its team of professionals. The Sports Information & Digital Media Services role will be responsible for assisting the Gulliver Prep Athletic Department as well as the Communications Department with posting to social media, website updates, calendar management for practices and games, branding, marketing, and press releases.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Communications to develop and implement the marketing plan for athletics including the execution of ongoing strategic communications with Gulliver Prep student-athletes, families and constituents.
- Work with Communications to create a social media plan for Gulliver athletics. Serve as the primary content creator of digital media for the Gulliver Athletics social media channels.
- Create original, engaging content that drives interest and builds buzz around Gulliver Athletic student-athletes and teams, including some knowledge in graphic design.
- Conduct video interviews with Gulliver students-athletes, coaches, and work with the local media if necessary.
- Stay up to date with developments in social/digital platforms for maximum operational excellence.
- Train and monitor coaches on brand standards and monitor content to ensure consistent applications of brand standards and messaging.
- Coordinates the athletics calendar for department on Google, Veracross, and other school platforms.
- Coordinates events for the athletic department throughout the school year for different programs (Sports Fair, select team kickoffs, Football season kickoff, Raider Madness, Baseball/Softball and more).
- Works with Athletics and the Communications department to manage website, game schedules, and early dismissals for athletic teams on Veracross.
- Be the point-of-contact and represent the athletic department for external athletic media, as requested.
- Attend athletic events and/or competitions to provide live in-game updates on social media as requested by the Director of Athletics.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Sports Management or related field.
- Extensive understanding of professional communication, social media and athletic branding techniques and marketing experience.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Understand college athletic recruiting trends and utilize social media to promote prospective collegiate student-athletes.
- Knowledge of current NCAA, NJCAA, NAIA, and FHSAA rules regarding athletic recruiting and eligibility.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.