About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking an unarmed Security Associate to join our in-house team of security professionals. Qualified candidates must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, both written & verbal communication and be a team player with the ability to learn quickly. This position is full-time and hourly compensated. The qualified candidate will be expected to work; days, evenings, weekends and holidays at multiple campuses with no restrictions.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol assigned campuses to prevent, deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure integrity of; doors, windows, locks and gates.
- Conduct vehicular traffic control, respond to alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor, document and authorize access in/out of campus of; employees, students, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft, trespassing and maintain overall security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or suspicious activity.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Liaise with visitors, parents, students, and staff to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and interact with jurisdictional law enforcement as appropriate.
- Operate computer systems, CCTV cameras, radio communications, burglar & fire alarm panels and other related security equipment and devices.
- High School Diploma or GED
- State of Florida Class “D” Security Officer License
- Previous security and/or law enforcement experience in a school setting.
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French is a plus!
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Status: Full Time