About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
The Marian C. Krutulis PK-8 Campus at Gulliver Preparatory School is seeking to hire a receptionist to join its team of professionals. This position will be working in our newly constructed Center for Student Life building. This is a forward facing highly visible role serving as the first point of contact for most of our middle school families. The successful candidate will support telephone inquiries, greeting guests as well as owning the events calendars for the Center for Student Life building.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages, and make appointments.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, families and students.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Engages visitors waiting in lobby in conversation.
- Assist with administering student events and activities.
- Maintains security by following procedures and issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean reception desk and lobby area.
- Make copies upon request.
- Manage the center for student life calendar, including all campus events and activities.
- Communicate with maintenance related to the building.
- Update and maintain mailing lists and produce mailing labels and reports as requested.
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years clerical or administrative experience
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.