PK-12 Curriculum Coordinator
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Gulliver Preparatory School is Miami’s school of choice for challenging, innovative, and personalized learning designed to meet the needs of a diverse and dynamic world. We are a school of innovation and transformation, and we provide each and every student with unparalleled opportunities to explore and experiment.
Founded in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver and transformed under the visionary leadership of Marian C. Krutulis in the second half of the 20th century, Gulliver Prep has been a leading school of distinction for nearly 100 years. To this day, our mission remains unchanged: to create an academic community devoted to educational excellence, with a personal touch, that fulfills each student's potential. We are a family for the whole family, and we celebrate our global community.
Gulliver Preparatory School is looking to hire a PK-8 Curriculum Coordinator to join our team of professionals. The Curriculum Coordinator supports the mapping and analysis of the curriculum across content areas and helps coordinate the implementation of curriculum across the PK-12 divisions. The main focus of this role is to help build teacher capacity at the point of instruction, and their understanding of instructional practices as related to data informed instruction and the overall PreK-12 curriculum. This position supports their colleagues in the successful implementation of curriculum while fostering digital citizenship, skills development and a sense of community. The coordinator will work closely with the Director of Curriculum, Assessment and Support Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help coordinate the implementation of new curriculum
- Organize and assist in instructional rounds for curriculum
- Prepare data analysis presentations and reviews
- Help coordinate all curriculum related initiatives as requested by the Director of Curriculum, Assessment and Support Services including the process of course creation and program changes.
- Assist in the design of curriculum implementation plans and initiatives PreK-12.
- Assist with curriculum mapping as required by the CASS Director.
- Assist with the maintenance of Atlas, organize curriculum related meetings, schedule consultants, and support the work of the CASS around curriculum mapping.
- Assists the DCASS with strategic planning regarding the implementation of educational initiatives across content areas and divisions.
- Collaborate with ETIS to ensure the design of projects integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Works closely with the ETIS team, teachers and students to design and implement PK-12 research policy using Guided Inquiry Design process across multiple projects and content areas.
- Actively seeks opportunities to collaborate with teachers and students to embed information literacy, digital literacy, media literacy, and global literacy skills within curricular units, projects, competitions, performances, etc.
- Ability to design training plans and deliver effective training to a wide variety of constituents.
- Works with other curricular team members to connect faculty to school-wide (across campuses) and external curricular resources and professional development.
- Create and lead pilot programs and effectively monitors progress of the initiatives.
- Is available to work on Professional Development activities with consultants whenever scheduled.
- Research and inform the Gulliver academic community about current trends in curriculum and their application in the classroom.
- Attends all department meetings to guide the learning process toward student achievement.
- Participate in regular scheduled meetings with department heads.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with constituents and stakeholders and translate their requirements into solutions in keeping with best practices and improved efficiencies through curriculum initiatives.
- Create learning resources for faculty, staff and students to facilitate curricular work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum or related field, preferred.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.