Part-Time Nurse Secretary (Temporary)
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PreK3 – 12 on four campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
- Supports the Nurse Supervisor, screens and sorts mail/documents and handles department inquiries.
- Answering incoming calls, directs calls to appropriate staff member, takes messages, and handles all other correspondence.
- Maintains databases, typing, filing, and preparing reports.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Collect and maintain COVID-19 immunization log
- Adheres to the Gulliver Preparatory and assists in enforcing the COVID-19 policies
- Adheres to Gulliver Preparatory School’s Health Care Manual.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary by the Nurse Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Prior experience in a clinic and medical terminology is a plus!
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have great interpersonal skills.
- Must have great verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.