Operations and Risk Coordinator
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is looking for an Operations and Risk Coordinator to join our team of professionals. This position will report to and assist the Director of Operations and Risk Management with developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures that pertain to the daily operations of Gulliver including but not limited to food service, transportation, health care, security and risk management.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate health, security, and safety-related services on all campuses by:
- Maintaining compliance with CPR and first aid certifications.
- Responsible for the purchasing and maintenance of the automatic defibrillator units on all campuses.
- Responsible for the purchasing and maintenance of the Thor Guard lightning predictor system on all campuses.
- Evaluate and modify as necessary Gulliver forms and documents for legal and insurance compliance.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Risk Management to ensure that the EOPs are updated on a yearly basis.
- Assist with reviewing programs and trips for liability and safety concerns.
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping on Florida Department of Health requirements.
- Maintain driver certifications, licenses, and permits for Gulliver employees.
- Maintain certificates of Insurance from vendors by Gulliver’s insurance broker.
- Assist in creating waivers and releases for trips, events, visitors, and vendors.
- Assist with legal proceedings as requested.
- Assist with conducting and coordinating safety drills.
- Maintain inventory and order campus supplies and materials as necessary including but not limited to: lanyards, directional signs, evacuation maps, ID Cards and supplies, traffic signs, etc...
- Circulate among the campuses ensuring that daily operations are running smoothly.
- Print new employee and employee replacement IDs.
- Assist with the budget ensuring that professional service hours billed are accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of documents and situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Risk Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a supportive role
- Experience in a school setting preferred
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.