About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking part-time Lifeguards to join our team of professionals. These positions will aid in the operation of Gulliver Upper School Aquatics, Middle School PE and Enrichment Programs. The qualified candidates need to have a good attitude and team work ethic while working with fellow Lifeguards and Aquatics coaches and staff.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Begin daily duties on time
- Completion of daily lifeguard checklist.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool bot.
- Check pool chemicals.
- Changing the pool course between practices (when appropriate)
- Tarping and de-tarping the pool (when in use).
- Must wear appropriate Lifeguard attire including, but not limited to: Hip pack, rescue tube, Gulliver Lifeguard shirt, Gulliver Lifeguard swim trunks and appropriate deck shoes
- Maintain patron surveillance and pool deck safety.
- Maintain an organized and safe pool deck and office area.
- Attend in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned by Aquatic Staff
- Lifeguard Certification
- CPR/AED Certification
- First Aid Certification
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.