About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PreK3 – 12 on four campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking a part-time Lifeguard to join our team of professionals. The position will aid in the operation of Gulliver Middle School PE, Swim School and Enrichment Programs. The qualified candidate needs to have a good attitude and team worth ethic while working with fellow lifeguards and swim coaches.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain patron surveillance and pool deck safety.
- Completion of daily lifeguard checklist.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Pool Bot (every morning).
- Check pool chemicals (every morning).
- Tarping and de-tarping the pool.
- Must wear appropriate Lifeguard attire including: Hip pack rescue tube, Gulliver Lifeguard short, swim trunks, etc.
- Maintain an organized Pool Deck and Office Area.
- Attend in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lifeguard Certification
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.