Human Resources Generalist
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as a grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
The Human Resources Generalist is a full-time exempt position and is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department. The HR Generalist will be responsible for posting all open positions, maintaining the position control, assist in generating internal documents such as policies & procedure manuals, checklists, and running monthly reports. This position will report directly to the Human Resources Manager.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination of the staffing and recruitment process. Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions according to HR objectives.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new-hire orientations, and exits including but not limited to filing.
- In collaboration with the HR Team, participates in the New Hire Onboarding Orientation annually.
- Responsible for ordering Gulliver swag items (when applicable) and puts together all new hire bags and coordinators food/beverage for the all-day orientation.
- Maintains yearly position control spreadsheet to track all new and replacement positions.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing the leave of absence process including but not limited to; maintenance of the LOA database, internal documents, faxes, employee leave files and correspondence to employees.
- Updates google docs “New Hires”, “Not Returning”, “Substitutes”, “Transfers/Title Changes”, “and Vendors” as applicable.
- Responsible for running and analyzing month reports such as headcount, benefits, employment changes, EEOC, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and processing of monthly invoices for FDLE/DCF, Empower Retirement, health advocate, ADP invoices, Teladoc, and HCC Stop Loss.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training.
- Works with the HR Manager to support benefit administration, coordinate and organize wellness events throughout the school year including annual 5K Run/Walk, Flu Shot Clinics, and Wellness classes.
- Assist employees with benefits questions and annual open enrollment.
- Serves as the primary contact for work-site injuries or accidents.
- Responsible for the ordering all new Business Cards and Silver Name Badges, annually for new hires and during the year for title changes, mid-year hires, lost badges, and name changes.
- Process name and address changes throughout all platforms, including external benefit vendors.
- Serves as a back up to HR Coordinator for screening all applicants, including but not limited to; scheduling appointments, issuing drug-screen form, taking fingerprints/picture, issuing login for Safe School Trainings and following-up with candidate for missing items.
- Special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize projects and activities.
- Excellent listening, speaking and writing skills.
- Knowledgeable of HR Best Practices and employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to take on other HR roles and responsibilities if needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- Three to five years human resources experience preferred.
- Experience in an educational setting is a plus!
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.