General Maintenance Worker
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK-12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking a General Maintenance Worker to join our team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks and strive to ensure the highest standard of quality. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding tasks and determining proper materials and equipment needed for repair or replacement.
- Responsible for repairs including but not limited to lighting, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Use machinery such as an aerial lift, floor scrubber, steamers, etc.
- Assist with event set-up and break down for events and activities.
- Assist maintaining sidewalks and walkways by pressure cleaning or using an automatic floor scrubber machine.
- Painting, fogging, blowing sidewalks and walkways, cleaning areas of high traffic, housekeeping projects, and floor care.
- Removing water from hallway on rainy days.
- Check and maintain proper time on clock, timers, etc.
- Maintain emergency lights, hallway lights and exit signs.
- Properly use equipment of grounds/lawn equipment such as: blowers, line trimmers, edger’s, hedge trimmers, self-propelled lawn mowers, aerial lifts, floor scrubbers, utility vehicles (Gator) tractors, aerator, baseball in-filed clay dragger, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the campus maintenance supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED Certificate or equivalent or
- Five (5) years of on the job related experience and/or a combination of education, training and work experience within the field.
- Must be able to speak and write in English
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.