General Maintenance Worker
ABOUT GULLIVER PREPARATORY SCHOOL:
Gulliver Preparatory School is a co-educational, non-profit organization that was established in 1926 in Miami, Florida and offers an integrated and comprehensive college preparatory program for grades PreK3 -12. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver Prep enrolls more than 2,200 students on four campuses. Our Mission is to create an academic community devoted to educational excellence, with a personal touch, that fulfills each student’s potential.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking a General Maintenance Worker to join our team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks and strive to ensure the highest standard of quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding tasks and determining proper materials and equipment needed for repair or replacement.
- Responsible for repairs including but not limited to lighting, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Use machinery such as an aerial lift, floor scrubber, steamers, etc.
- Assist with event set-ups and break downs or events and activities.
- Assist maintaining artificial turf fields.
- Maintain sidewalks and walkways by pressure cleaning or using an automatic floor scrubber machine.
- Painting, fogging, blowing sidewalks and walkways, cleaning areas of high traffic, housekeeping projects, and floor care.
- Removing water from hallway on rainy days.
- Check and maintain proper time on clock, timers, etc.
- Maintain emergency lights, hallway lights and exit signs.
- Properly use equipment of grounds/lawn equipment such as: blowers, line trimmers, edger’s, hedge trimmers, self-propelled lawn mowers, aerial lifts, floor scrubbers, utility vehicles (Gator) tractors, aerator, baseball in-filed clay dragger, etc.
- Assisting the campus supervisor as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED Certificate or equivalent.
- Trade School Diploma/Certificate
- Continuing Education Certificate(s)
- Five (5) years of on the job related experience or a combination of education, training and work experience within the field.
- Must be able to speak and write in English
- CDL Driver’s License is a plus!
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s) and Drug screen
Gulliver Schools Inc. is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free Workplace