Educational Technology Integrator PK-8
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Prep is currently seeking an Educational Technology Integrator (ETI) to join the Educational Technology and Information Services Department (ETIS)! The Educational Technology Integrator works with the Director of ETIS and Administration to design and deliver technology training in accordance with the school's strategic mission, and emerging technologies. The ETI works with Department heads to assist teachers to model and teach technology skills to meet International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards and 21st Century Technology proficiencies as well as other core curricular standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide research-based information regarding technology initiatives to all employees.
- Supports faculty with the instructional and technical strategies around the seamless use of technology in the classroom.
- Manage and support all Gulliver IPads and instructional App requests and installs using a Mobile Device Management tool.
- Helps identify needs by attending bi weekly grade-level planning meetings to guide the learning process toward student achievement along with the ETIS Department
- Regularly host sessions and provide opportunities for incorporating technology into the Faculty instructional practices to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Connects faculty to school-wide (across campuses) and external technology resources and professional development.
- Research and inform the Gulliver academic community about current trends in educational technologies and their application in the classroom in partnership with the ETIS Director.
- Participate in strategic planning regarding the implementation of educational technology in partnership with the ETIS Director.
- Collaborate with the ETIS Curriculum Coordinators to make sure technology is integrating into the curriculum.
- Perform support functions of the school’s academic systems and subscriptions
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with constituents and stakeholders and translate their requirements into solutions in keeping with best practices and improved efficiencies through technology integration.
- Ability to design training plans and documentation (handouts, videos) and deliver effective training to a wide variety of constituents.
- Support faculty in the use of the International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards with their classes.
- Collaborate in the analysis, design, and execution of all classroom technologies.
- Able to provide Edu tech integration support at all faculty and division levels as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field.
- Teaching degree or teaching experience is a plus!
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.