Athletic Facilities & Events Coordinator
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking to hire an Athletic Facility & Events Coordinator to join the Athletic Department. The Athletic Facility and Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day athletic facility operations for the Gulliver Prep Athletic Department with emphasis on facility/event preparation, maintenance, and care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare facilities, fields, and courts for practices and games on a day-to-day basis including:
- Paint lines on fields appropriate to sport, set up fencing as needed, arrange spectator bleachers as needed, scoreboard, benches, goals, water stations, check field for debris.
- Communicate with coaches regarding needs for daily/weekly practices/games.
- Assist Assistant Aquatics Director of Facilities with pool preparation, maintenance, and care at Prep and Academy campuses.
- Assist with supervision of home games by greeting and accommodating visiting schools, officials and provide necessary assistance for the operation of the event.
- Assist with maintaining facility cleanliness and safety, coordinating with maintenance staff regarding facility operations, cleaning, and repairs as needed.
- Coordinate with the Middle School Athletic Director and coaches regarding all applicable middle school responsibilities.
- Assist with lunch supervision as necessary.
- Maintain equipment inventory & awards by working with coaches to do starting and finishing inventory, arrange and manage storage areas, maintain trophy cases and update athletic banners in gym
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience working with facilities operations
- Experience working in athletic facility operations
- Experience working in a school setting
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.