Assistant Varsity Coach/Head JV Coach for Girls Lacrosse (Seasonal Coach)
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Prep’s Athletic Department is seeking to hire an Assistant Varsity and Head JV Coach for Girls’ Lacrosse for the upcoming 2022 Spring Season. The Assistant Varsity Coach/Head JV Coach provides training to student athletes while upholding the schools mission to fulfill each students potential with a personal touch.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote appreciation for physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Assist in the design of the training program and game program.
- Assist in the organization and supervision of the coaching staff to ensure the program is implemented successfully.
- Ensure that all athletic activities conform to FHSAA and Gulliver Prep guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school and community.
- Work effectively with the Athletic Director and other departments.
- Support the value of a Gulliver Prep education and its environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience coaching at a highly competitive level and experience with program development are preferred.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.