Assistant Aquatics Director
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK-12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking an Assistant Aquatics Director to join their team of professionals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our age-group program.
- Assist with Middle School Swimming Team development.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (via email, phone and face-to-face).
- Coordinate and plan aquatics events assigned by the Aquatics Director and attend all scheduled aquatics events, meeting and team functions as required.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Assistant PE with swim class curriculum and supervision.
- Assist with lunch supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director, Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach.
- Minimum three (3) years successful experience as a swim coach.
- CPR/AED Certification, First Aid Certification, Coaches Safety and Safe Sport Certifications.
- Membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Swim Coach with a USA Swimming Team
- Prior experience teaching swimming lessons
- Aquatics Facility Operation Certification is a plus!
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.