About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
The Advancement Officer is a frontline fundraiser responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of an assigned pool of donors and prospective donors. The Advancement Officer will be an effective communicator with a demonstrated track record for success in relationship building and donor cultivation. The Advancement Officer reports to the Director of The Gulliver Fund.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspire philanthropic support from individual donors to Gulliver Prep.
- Actively cultivate an assigned prospect portfolio of 175-200 individuals under management at all stages of the giving lifecycle.
- Speak with ease and authority on Gulliver’s fundraising priorities to educate assigned constituents on the importance of philanthropy.
- Personally meet with 20-25 assigned prospects monthly to advance philanthropic discussions.
- Demonstrate comfort and confidence when speaking with individuals from diverse backgrounds, socio-economic demographics, and cultures.
- Design individual cultivation strategies for assigned prospects to facilitate growth and ultimately generate philanthropic support.
- Participate in prospect review meetings to report on actions and moves management activity as it relates to the assigned prospect portfolio.
- Produce professionally written action reports and donor communications.
- Achieve a mutually agreed upon solicitation goal to contribute to overall departmental objectives.
- Participate in all Advancement related events and be a willing colleague to engage in other aspects of school life to cultivate community relationships.
- Assist the Director of The Gulliver Fund with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) years’ experience in frontline fundraising or revenue generation in a related industry.
- Experience in an independent school or higher education fundraising is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a connector with high EQ who enjoys engaging with people
- Must be self-motivated to achieve individually assigned goals while positively contributing to the overall success of the team
- Conversant in conversations about personal wealth management with an understanding of philanthropic gift vehicles
- Campaign fundraising experience preferred
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Should be an effective presenter who is comfortable speaking to groups
- Must be fearless, tenacious, and demonstrate a genuine passion for independent school education
- Ability to collaborate in a diverse work environment
- Must be able to handle confidential material with professionalism
- Must cultivate a respectful and inclusive workplace where colleagues and constituents feel empowered and heard
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.