Administrative Assistant - Middle School EDGE Program
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
The Marian C. Krutulis PK-8 Campus at Gulliver Preparatory School is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to support the administrative team for the Middle School EDGE Program. The Administrative Assistant will assist and support the Director of the Middle School EDGE Program for grades 5-8 with the day-to-day front office operations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, families and students.
- Assist with Student ID cards
- Maintain Daily student attendance records
- Scheduling and maintaining the calendar for the Director of the Middle School EDGE Program.
- Compose, type, and distribute letters and emails to faculty, parents and staff as directed by the Director or Middle School Principal.
- Process student transcripts and records
- Process student report cards and progress reports
- Build Edge master schedule.
- Assist with administering student events and activities.
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
- Prepare and distribute end of the year checklists, faculty meeting schedules, classroom preparation documents, summer forms, and maintenance forms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Middle School EDGE Program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years clerical or administrative assistant experience
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Status: Full Time