Accounts Payable Specialist
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PreK3 – 12 on four campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team of professionals. Qualified candidates must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, both written & verbal communication, strong organizational skills, and be a team player with the ability to learn quickly. The qualified candidate will be expected to; prepare all documentation and verification of invoice payments as well as compile and maintain all accounts payable records.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive, review and enter all invoices, check requests and expense reports for appropriate documentation.
- Obtain approval and coding in order to process invoices and make the payments.
- Scan and attach supporting documentation in Accounts Payable.
- Review, check accuracy and match invoices to purchase orders.
- Process checks, ACH, wires as required.
- Submit positive pay files to bank and place stop payments as required.
- Maintain filing of current year vendor payments.
- Post all bank drafts as required by different departments.
- General Ledger posting and analysis related to Accounts Payable.
- Understand General Ledger account codes/categories.
- Prepare recurring payables and corporate account entries on a monthly basis.
- Assist in monthly closing making sure all the monthly entries are in and accrue missing monthly entries.
- Follow up with outstanding checks and purchase orders.
- Track expense reports in Frevvo (online software) and verify totals with receipts.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years accounting and/or accounts payable experience.
- Basic knowledge of Excel (working with spreadsheets)
- Prior experience working with a 10-key calculator
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.