2022-23 PK-4th Math Coach
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School is seeking a Math Coach for grades PK-4th. Candidates should have a minimum of eight years teaching experience with students in at the primary and lower school grade levels. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides dynamic and enthusiastic leadership directed toward ensuring superior programs and instruction.
- Provides job-embedded professional learning to teams and individual teachers in a coaching framework
- Collaboratively plans with colleagues, providing insight into how to teach conceptually and meet the diverse needs of students.
- Skilled in growing and supporting programs and practices that are culturally responsive.
- Models lessons and provides thoughtful feedback during rollout and implementation of curricula through collaborative work with teachers.
- Teaches one section of fourth grade math and works with students individually or in small groups, as needed.
- Leads parent workshops and support families with math-related questions.
- Maintains and analyzes math assessment data.
- Manages curricular resources (including ordering and distribution), runs pilots and adoptions of new programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Minimum of 18 credit hours in math education
- Certification and an advanced degree in math are preferred.
- Previous experience as an instructional coach, preferably in mathematics.
- Experience and knowledge associated with Bridges and Reveal Math curriculum and standards-based instruction and reporting.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.