2021-22 Faculty Assistant
About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PreK3 – 12 on four campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
Gulliver Preparatory School’s Marian C. Krutulis Campus, is seeking to hire faculty assistants to support the teaching in classrooms for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate understands child development, has experience working with children and is committed to growing as an educator. Candidates should be collaborative team players and possess a flexible attitude and a healthy sense of humor. A commitment to equity and inclusion and professional development is expected. Additional skills needed include:
- Strong communication skills
- High-level of resourcefulness
- Current technology-user skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with primary-aged and/or elementary-aged children.
- Associates or ECE degree. (A two-year ECE college certificate or a Child Development Certificate is required, at a minimum.)
- Red Cross First Aid, CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and AED (automated external defibrillator) training and certification are required upon acceptance of position.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.